19 November 2006

Things.

Best non-racing thing of note: Wii

M, E, and I had to go to Houlton to pick one up at the Wal-Mart midnight sale. Despite the dizzying glare of artificial lighting and the disorienting layout, I managed to race a fat kid for a reserve ticket. Since I was wearing my jacket with the #11 applique on the back, it sort of resembled the last race at Martinsville: I just didn't feel like wrecking that poor kid.

We did what most people do in Houlton: eat large sandwiches, play Big Buck Hunter at the Big Stop, and sing some of the words to "Then He Kissed Me" (Lesley Gore rendition).

I bowled twice. I will play hours of Zelda later this week. It will be awesome.

Other non-racing thing of note: The Rebellion Jardiniere kit at French Touche.

I'm not really sure why I would want to lead a garden rebellion.

...

Oh wait, I remember now.

Best while-not-racing thing of note: Contender Press Conference

I like catching drivers when their defenses are down, and, at times, press conferences can hold gems of charming behavior.

Such as Jr. and DH looking openly bored during the whole thing. I would've been content with being able to see the two of them stare into the rafters, seek out shiny things, and make come hither glances at lady reporters...

...but then it got better.

I admit, I zoned out when Jimmie Johnson was talking about Talledega (maybe he wasn't even talking about Talledega). Thus, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Jr. and DH exhange some sort of whisper-discussion mirroring a conversation between junior high girls about this VNSFW (or most homes, I guess) video:



Again, it could have stopped here and still be plenty awesome, except for three key points: a) Denny's carefree ease at being able to make the press giggle at his Virginian...er...charm b) Jr.'s use of the term "camcordin'", which is almost faux Southern, c) the mutual agreement between Jr. and DH that this would be something that Jimmie Johnson could appreciate...knowing that Jr. fans kind of want him shot.

Camcordin':



Well-executed.

Thinking of Jr. and DH as total BFF is also a perk. Dare I say, it's quietly one of the best things to happen to racing. After watching their mini-battle during the Busch race last night, along with Denny's declaration to the press that his "potential as a race car driver is not nearly at its peak yet", I'd say things are going to be fun to watch.

I have to blink alot as is, since my eyes dry out with excitement. Is that weird?

Non-racing things I will do after the season is over:

1. Learn to properly roast chickens.
2. Read non-racing books, such as 'Thirteen Moons' by Charles Frazier.
3. Learn to properly ventilate a home.
4. Knit mittens.
5. Take walks with my husband in the woods.
6. Celebrate holidays.
7. Write Denny Hamlin fan fiction inspired by the "Young Indiana Jones" television series, where Denny gets to engage in lots of drinking and fist fights with Ernest Hemingway.
8. Cry. A little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home